Purpose of the Association
The purpose of the Association is to develop and maintain itself as an international organization which meets the needs of its members and the accounting profession in the United Kingdom and overseas.
Objectives of the Association
1. To promote and maintain high standards of professional competency among members.
2. To promote public understanding of the profession and create a favourable environment in which to practice accounting.
3. To encourage and assist members to become involved in social action and community affairs.
4. To attract qualified people to the profession.
5. To assist members in attaining the profession's objectives through increased participation in association activities.
6. To provide members with services and benefits.
7. To subscribe and promote International Accounting Standards.